At Boomer Benefits mission is to help older Americans with securing suitable supplemental insurance as they prepare to enter a new phase in their lives. Our clients are mostly Baby Boomers, and we absolutely love working with this generation of great Americans. It’s a natural fit then to support adult students with our philanthropic endeavors.
Boomer designed the Boomer Benefits Scholarship to recognize and empower students who have returned to school later in life to better themselves, advance their current career path or pursue a new career.
As an agency that earns its revenue by helping people with Medicare insurance, it believe in supporting and empowering older Americans. Boomer especially interested in helping a mature student who has demonstrated a willingness to give back to their community via service to others, especially older Americans and the elderly. With more than 10,000 people aging into Medicare every single day, the need for community service to groups of older Americans has never been greater.
Scholarship Information & Requirements
Boomer Benefits scholarship is only for U.S. Citizen or permanent resident age 50 or older.
The Boomer Benefits scholarship is designed for an adult student age 50+ who has returned to school to complete their degree. Boomer especially love students who demonstrate a passion for service to others – particularly service to older Americans.
Learn more about our semi-annual scholarship, who it honors, and why we offer it here.
- Scholarship Amount is $1,000
- Scholarship Application Deadline for 2018:
- Spring Scholarship Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Fall Scholarship Deadline: August 15, 2018
- 2018 Fall Scholarship Application Requirements
Award will be based on applicant’s GPA, amount and nature of his or her community service, and the strength of letters of recommendation submitted.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident age 50 or older
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program or a graduate program at an accredited public or private school, including community colleges or universities within the continental U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed Application
- A Letter of Recommendation from a professor you’ve had in the last 2 years, or the Facilitator of a verifiable community service organization
- An official current transcript submitted with your application or mailed to us at 5650 N. Riverside Dr. #200, Fort Worth, TX 76137.
- Letter from applicant describing 1) current career goals and how this education will help will help to achieve those goals and 2) community service history and what it has meant to them
Previous monetary awards or scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award
Scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution and are used for tuition, fees or books
Must not be related to any owner or employee of Boomer Benefits.
Winner will be notified within 30 days past the deadline.