This is an exchange scholarship at Ruhr University Bochum which is given by a German fund called German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). DAAD is a private, federally, state-funded and self-governing national organization in Germany, related to the higher education & institutions, according to 2003 stats, DAAD representing 365 German higher education institutions including 100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art.
Where: Ruhr University Bochum, Germany (RUB)
Nationality: International students
Scholarship: 400€ monthly within a period of four months
Deadline: 16 October 2017
The scholarships are offered to international students who are:
- studying at RUB and graduated from a foreign school and/or completed their first university degree abroad.
- close to their final degree (Bachelor; Master; State Examination or equivalent degree), thus plan their graduation within the winter term 2017/18.
- effected good to very good performances during their studies.
- reliant on financial support during their final phase of study.
How to apply
You can apply for this application online by following below 2 steps
Step 1: First, fill this survey
Step 2: After filling the online-survey (Step 1) the following documents have to be sent as a single pdf-file via Email to Joana Dewender within the application deadline
- Application and letter of motivation WiSe 2017/18 (250.5 kB)
- Departments’ confirmation WiSe 2017/18
- Certificate of enrollment for the winter term
- A copy of residence permit
- Transcript of records
- Letter of recommendation and send directly to Joana Dewender
- Optional: Certificate about social commitment at RUB (may be advantageous though it is not a requirement)
About Ruhr University Bochum, Germany (RUB)
- 5,702 employees
- 42,425 students (Winter Term 2016/2017)
- 5,819 international students
- about 830 foreign doctoral students and international guest researchers that the campus measures around 4.5 km², which is about four times the size of the Kemnader lake ≈ 630 football fields
- that the major area in use of the buildings is 370,994 m², still about 52 football fields that, if you count all employees, the RUB is the main employer in Bochum?
- 20 Faculties
- 539 million euros revenue, of which from outside funding 115 million euros
- 10 Collaborative Research Centres and Transregional, thereof 5 as coordinating university
- 11 ERC Grants
- 10 Research Departments
If you have any question related to this scholarship please ask here.