The main objective of Information Society Technologies program to provide conditions for preparing specialists with the highest scientific qualification in ICT area and to support development of research based and innovative approaches for working on appropriate positions as well as readiness for continuous personal professional development, as well as to support the development of competences for working on academic positions (researcher, lecturer) or as senior specialist in public, private or third sector.
Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
Application start: Jan 8, 2018
Application deadline: July 1, 2018 23:59
Language of Instruction: English
Field of Study: Science (Computing)
Conferred Degree: PhD (Information Technology)
Receipt of payment of the application fee (80 EUR)
Application: Start your application
Doctoral Level (PhD) applicants must have a research MA Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience. A doctoral program requires considerably more original work than a research Master’s program. The thesis should provide evidence that the candidate has not only made a substantial original contribution to his/her field, but also that he/she has in-depth knowledge of the specific area in which he/she has worked. The duration of Doctoral programs is 4 years.
Following required documents need to be sent by post after filling in the online application form:
- Application cover printed from the online application system
- Copy of a Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent + transcript of records (translations are requested if documents are not in English); both copies and translations must be attested by a notary
- Copy of a Master’s degree certificate or equivalent + transcript of records (translations are requested if documents are not in English); both copies and translations must be attested by a notary
- Plan for the doctoral thesis signed by the prospective supervisor
- Accepted proof of proficiency: IELTS 5.5+, TOEFL IBT 70+ or TOEFL paper based test 525+ Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of the identification page of passport
- Country specific requirements
What are the Career Options After the Studies?
After this PhD program graduates can work as researchers, university lecturers, or experts in the field. The graduates are able to develop IT strategies and coordinate their implementation, lead a small research group or manage R&D-projects. In any case they are very well equipped to develop a sound professional career based on visionary thinking and critical knowledge of the field.
Allowance for Doctoral Students
Doctoral students of information society technologies will receive the allowance at the beginning of the first year of studies to the end of the nominal duration of studies. In 2017 the allowance for doctoral students is approximately 422 € per month. Working during doctoral studies does not affect the right to receive the allowance.
In addition to the allowance, information society technologies doctoral students can receive a scholarship as well if the institute has the necessary means or if the student is involved in science and development projects with external funding that covers the scholarship.